This is our final episode in our Youtube Q+R Series. In this episode, Tim and Jon respond to questions on the Old Testament book of Jonah. Below are the questions and time marks they appear.
You can view the original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLIabZc0O4c&t=1s&list=PLH0Szn1yYNeeVFodkI9J_WEATHQCwRZ0u&index=21
Want to learn more about the ancient empire of Assyria and how it impacted the Bible? Tim references the "Lachish Carvings" in the podcast, check out more info here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachish_reliefs
Thank you to all our supporters!
Learn more about what we're up to and sign up to receive more free resources from us at: www.thebibleproject.com
Jonah Overview - 0-6:30
- Is Jonah a real person or a parable? (6:30)
- If God is interested in choosing upright people to work with, why would God choose Jonah, who doesn’t seem to be an upright man? (16:10)
- Why is Jonah so angry about God showing compassion on Nineveh? (20:00)
- Why do we think Jonah’s five word sermon in Jonah 4 is the whole thing? How do we know the rest wasn’t lost? (28:45)
- How do you know that Jonah is “angry” with God? (32:55)
- What happened between the book of Jonah and Nahum? Was the Nineveh's repentance a fluke? (36:43)
- What is Jesus talking about in Matthew 12 and the sign of Jonah? (39:35)
- How does Jonah describe God’s character and how does that compare to how Job describes God’s character? (44:25)
Show Resources: Lachish Carvings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachish_reliefs
Show Music: Defender Instrumental by Rosasharn Music.
Show Produced by: Jon Collins and Dan Gummel