Here is our Nephesh/Soul Q+R! Thank you to everyone who sent in questions! We love doing these and hearing what others are thinking.
Q’s and Timestamps:
- (7:19) Sam: Why did Paul write that each of us has a soul, spirit and body in 1 Thessalonians 5?
- (18:57) Johnny: In Hebrews 4:12, it seems man is dual natured, physical and spirit, but how can we reconcile this by understanding man as a single natured being, meaning that man is a soul?
- (24:45) Daniel: In Psalm 63 it says that David’s Nephesh/Soul thirsts after God. What does that mean practically?
- (33:20) Kevin: What’s the biblical writers perspective on the future state of being? And how does that relate to burial practices like cremation?
- (45:47) Natalia: What do we actually know from the biblical writers and first century believers saying what our bodies will be like in the new creation?
Resources / Books:
John Cooper: Body, Soul and Life Everlasting: Biblical Anthropology and the Monism/ Dualism Debate Joel Green: Body, Soul and Human Life: The Nature of Humanity in the Bible Ronald Rolheiser: The Holy Longing Ronald Rolheiser: Against An Infinite Horizon The Bible Project Video on Nephesh/Soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_igCcWAMAM
Show Music: Defender Instrumental: Rosasharn Music
Show Produced by: Dan Gummel and Jon Collins.